Tuesday 20 March 2012

Saturday June the second

I haven't a clue where this place is exactly but thanks to the auspices of the Welsh Perry and Cider Society, this event. The Welsh Perry & Cider Championships 2012 is going to take place here. Ynysddu RFC, Saturday 2 June 2012
I'm sure that I'll be able to find it.
Yours truly is going to enter some cider in his first ever attempt at showing cider. I'm obviously not expecting to win or anything silly like that. In truth, I'll be happy if I come away not having poisoned anyone  and I'll be even happier if by some fluke my fellow cider makers deem it remotely drinkable.
From now until then the pressure is going to be on as I'll be beavering away trying to blend my various batches into a drinkable brew. All good stuff but I suppose it would be helpful if I had a clue as to what I was doing.
I've a couple of friends who I can ask for advice and the weekend after next, I'll be taking some samples of the cider that we've made down a cider maker to see what we can come up with.
I'm obviously going to be entering the novices classes and to do so, you have to present five gallons of cider brewed in Wales to the judges. The cider has to be in  either in whats known as a polybag or a polybarrel. There will be classes for dry, medium and sweet cider. I'm hoping to enter the first two classes.
I'm looking forward to the weekend and meeting fellow society members and after having had the odd swig of the stuff that we made last summer and autumn, its obviously the social side of the event that I'm looking forward too rather than the actual competition. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment