Sunday 15 January 2012

A Job well done?

 Here's a picture of the polytunnel before we started weeding. I'd been meaning to do it for ages.








 A work in progress  picture. My brother Dave kindly helped me out, first of all by motivating me and then by rotavating with his 'Mantis' Rotavator.










After weeding, we rotavated once and picked out any field stones that had come to the surface. The next job, was to spread ten barrows of well rotted manure on the surface and then rotavate again.

The finished job. All in all I feel very satisfied with our efforts.







Before planting time comes along, I'll have to rake the seed beds over from time to time and then one winters evening, I'll have the pleasant task to look forward to of sitting infront of the fire with the seed catalogues.





1 comment:

  1. Are you going to wash your Polytunnel?
    Not that it looks dirty...
    I'm just thinking we may give ours a quick wash so the light gets in better.

    ReplyDelete